I was the last of my friends to give up the Blackberry. Black Berry Messenger (BBM) was my confidant and I was weary of an iOS keyboard without any keys. Despite working in technology I’ve never been an early adapter, but looking back I was foolish to not switch to a smartphone sooner. I love my iPhone and it’s all because of a single word: apps.
In today’s competitive job market, job seekers need all the help they can get as they search, network and apply. If you own a smartphone, you’re already one step ahead. Today, the job search is happening 24/7 and it’s important you arm yourself with tools to take advantage of opportunities on the go.
Here are five apps that will help you manage your job search anywhere, anytime.
- JobCompass - JobCompass uses the iPhone’s GPS to find open positions within a given radius of the area you are in.
- HiddenJobs – HiddenJobs helps you discover opportunities from companies just before they begin to hire publicly.
- Evernote – With Evernote you can take notes from anywhere at anytime, and remember everything across devices
- ABContacts – ABContacts is focused on managing your contacts and organizing them into groups by name, company, title and department.
- SnapDat - SnapDat is the #1 app for designing and sending digital business cards directly from your iPhone.
Tech-savvy job hunters are using apps to build their online brand, organize their networks and find jobs. It’s time you catch up!